Thursday, July 05, 2007

Airport security...

I know that unless you've been living in a cave for the last week or so you'll all be aware of the recent terrorist attacks carried out in the UK (both successful and unsuccessful).

Therefore it came as no surprise when I recently flew between Stanstead and Edinburgh the heightened state of alert at these two airports and I was not surprised to see that no one is now allowed to set down in front of either airport any more.

What did surprise me somewhat though was the fact that I was allowed to carry an open bottle of Lucozade sport through security without anyone questioning anything.

OK it was an accident and I didn't realise I had the drink in my bag at the time but the fact that the tray was given a good going over by the scanner operator made the lapse in security very surprising.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home