Thursday, May 05, 2005

Hurray... Its election time...

First of all, let me wish all my readers(??) a belated Happy Star Wars Day for Yesterday…

Well it’s general election day today again. That 5 yearly(ish) celebration of democracy at its best…

The only trouble with the general election is that the Government always wins!!

I haven’t put much on my blogg about the general election campaign as I haven’t felt it’s been a particularly awe inspiring one worthy of comment, but I will sum it up here if you want.

Labour: Vote for us as the Tories will take money out of public services.

Conservative: Vote for us as we’re going to save 35 Billion WITHOUT taking any money out of public services.

Lib. Dem. : Vote for us as the other two parties can’t be trusted (possibly the only party actually telling the truth).

UKIP: Vote for us and return Britain to greatness by excluding everyone else!

Veritas: Vote for us or Killroy-Silk will kick your head in!

Green: Vote for us… please…

Personally I’m not sure if I’ll bother to vote…

I appear to have a choice of a ‘nanny state’ party that is lead by a pathological liar, a party that ignores public opinion if it happens to disagree with their vision. Then there’s a party who will be no better and who’s leader has proven time and again that he does not care two hoots about peoples rights, just as long as he can get re-elected. Alternatively there is a party who appear to be telling the truth… so they don’t have a chance. Or a part who appear to have more than the odd overtone of racism and finally, a part who would really like you to vote for them as it would be a jolly nice thing to do (see if you can work out which party is which).

So I guess I am going to exercise my democratic right to cast my vote as I see fit and NOT vote for any of them!

Oh and for everyone out there tutting at the moment and saying how disgusting it is etc. etc. I say this…


If you want to increase the turn out at the polls, why not actually give people a choice of candidate that they actually want to vote for and a system that reflects their choice?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home